All full-time students are required to attend a tutoring session once a week. Tutor attendance will be counted to your grade. It is a great time to practice your English with native English speakers.
IEP Field Trips
- ▸ Hilo Tour
- ▸ Volcano Tour
- ▸ Mauna Kea Tour
- ▸ Cherry Blossom Festival Tour
- ▸ Merry Monarch Hoike Tour
- ▸ Kohala Coast Tour
- ▸ Mauna Kea Astronomy Center
- ▸ Hawaii Community College Service Learning Field Trips, including
- ▹ beach clean-ups
- ▹ Volcano Park reforestation
- ▹ Tree plantings
- ▹ Elementary Schools and more!
Optional Classes (additional class fee required)
Hula class – This class is open to men and women. All levels are welcome.
Ukulele Class – Learn how to play ‘ukulele in English. This class is for beginners.
TOEFL prep class – Learn how to take the test and get your best score. This class is helpful for students who need a TOEFL score to enter college.
Grammar clinic class – This class will help you with your grammar weak points.
Student Life Center
(additional membership fee required)
- ▸ Sports Club
- ▸ Swimming pool
- ▸ Fitness classes (Yoga, Zumba, Boot Camp)
- ▸ EdVenture Weekend trip
- ▹ Submarine
- ▹ Whale Watching
- ▹ Canoe Paddling
- ▹ Green Sands Beach
- ▹ Kayaking and more!