Intensive English Program

Aloha from Hilo, Hawaiʻi!!
This is Eri. I’m going to start a new series of blog posts focusing on those who are already admitted to the IEP and preparing to come to Hawaii.
I’m sure this will be also helpful for those who are still thinking about studying with us or those who are studying abroad in general.

My first post is about the health insurance!
All IEP students with F1 visas are required to have health insurance.

UPDATED – Nov 22, 2021

Effective Spring 2022, students are required to enroll on a Geoblue insurance:

  • Go to
  • Choose University of Hawaii – Hawaii Community College from the drop-down of schools.
  • Choose International Student Insurance Plan (IEP)

It’s best if you don’t get sick or injured but we never know what will happen. This plan meets the University of Hawaii health insurance requirements.