Intensive English Program

Aloha-! This is Hikari!
Today, I would like to talk about my school, Hawaii Community College (HawCC).

HawCC is a community college in Hilo, Big Island and you can get an Associate degree.
HawCC requires international students to have TOEFL score of 500 paper/61 computer-based or more to apply but when you complete IEP’s level 4, you can join the HawCC without TOEFL or IELTS scores!
Although you may have enough score to join the HawCC directly, IEP can make you feel comfortable to study in American colleges.
I personally joined the HawCC after I completed the IEP but I really feel that what I learned in IEP is helping my college life.
For example, I use skills that I learned in IEP such as how to write essays, how to give a good speech and etc.
What I learned in IEP gives me confidence and helps me to be a successful student!

Also, you can choose from many different programs of study at HawCC. I’m majoring in Hospitality.
Hawaiian Studies is one of the famous degrees that you can take here. Even though you are not a Hawaiian studies major student, you can still take classes that teach Hawaiian culture and language.
Sometimes, those classes are your required classes to complete your degree.
HawCC is a very exciting place to study!

Please take a look here for more detailed information.